Monday, November 18, 2013

Goals

   This may sound like a no-brainer, but one of the most important things you can do when making gold is to set goals and then stay on track.  I recently became interested in gold making (or re-interested) as I noticed Kassandra’s gold approaching the 100K mark.  I set short-term goals of getting to 100K and once reaching this benchmark, not allowing my gold to dip below 100K. 

   I achieved these goals easily enough.  Things is for weeks, I did not set any new goals, and realized it last week when I saw Kass’s total gold at 102K.  I had been spending gold as soon as it came in.  I dropped 18K to craft myself one of the panther mounts, I figured as a jewelcrafter it was kind of obligatory that I had at least one of the panther mounts.  Let’s not forget pets.  There are all kinds of pets out there that I am just too lazy to farm for, so I turn to the auction house and activate my spending spree ability.  So for weeks my gold on Kassandra hovered around the 100K mark.

   I have decided to switch into high gear, or at least stop treading water.  I figure that I can make 10K a week without too much work, and that based on this, if I work at it and save, by the time the end of January rolls around, I should have at least 200K if not more.  This is my new goal, reach 200K (optimistically reach 250K) by the end of January, and not let my gold dip below this.  If I make more in a week, if I reach my goal sooner rather than later, well then I might indulge myself in some reward spending.  I will also set new goals once I reach my current goals.  My long term goal is 500K by the time the new expansion hits.

   I have one more week of being out of town and in a state of exile from Azeroth.  I did manage to take a quick (9 hour drive) home this weekend.  I did my pet trainer circuit, and made notes, so that once I get back home I can post my guide.  I also found around 4K in my mailbox from successful auctions I had posted a week ago.   I posted some new auctions and am curious to see what will be waiting for me when I get home.

   I managed to reach a few other goals with a single day of playing.  I always max out cap my valor each week, and this week was no exception.  I also beat the Celestial Tournament again, and picked up Chi-Chi, leaving me with just Yula to acquire.  Finally, I was able to get the Tideskipper from Serpentshrine Caverns, leaving me with just needing the dragonhawk pet from Tempest Keep  to get my raiding with leashes part two achievement.

   Now it is time to think about my blogging goals as well.  My initial goal was simply to start a blog and make regular posts, which I’ve done.  I even worked up the nerve to submit a post to Power Word Gold’s Hatchery.  For those of you that don’t know, Power Word Gold is a well-know blog about, what else, but making gold.  The Hatchery allows new writers a forum to post their work, gain exposure, and possibly gain some feedback as well.  Building on this, my new goal is to make more of my posts guides, along the lines of my previous post about beating the Darkmoon pet master and how to make gold with pet farming.  Along with that goal, I am also setting the goal of adding tables and screenshots to my future blogs, to make them a little more visually appealing.  I am not much of a graphic artist, so this will be a rather slow process for me.

   That’s it for the week.  Come the weekend I am going to dive in to Azeroth and my next blog as well.


   Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment